[Click] External library linking

Anthony Dempsey anthonyjdempsey at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 18:07:04 EST 2012

Hi I'm having problems linking the openfec library with click. I've
compiled the openfec to a static .a library. It sees the .hh files I need
but when ever I try to compile Click it either fails saying it can't find
the library or tells me there are undefined references to the functions I
call.

At the bottom of my component I've included

ELEMENT_LIBS(-L~/Documents/openfec/bin/Release -llibopenfec)

but click can't find the file returning

LINK click
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibopenfec
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

when trying to link the files, this is in the userlevel directory.

Is there anything else I need to do to get Click to find the file for me?

Cheers,
Anthony