[Click] Is user-space Click more flexible and programmable thankernel-space Click???

Beyers Cronje bcronje at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 17:17:49 EDT 2011

Hi,

(1) Sure kdb is there, but personally I feel it's much less hassle to debug
in userland.
(3) In kernel Click either allocates memory via kmalloc of vmalloc depending
on the size of memory you request. kmalloc has a 128k size limit. vmalloc
also has limitations which I cant remember off the top of my head. Either
way, in userland you have access to the full heap.
(4) In userland Click you can easily write to the filesystem, e.g. ToDump,
or makes use of Socket element for socket communications. These features are
not available in kernel.

Hope this helps.

Beyers