[Click] Is user-space Click more flexible and programmable than kernel-space Click???

Lars Bro larsbro at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 16:28:08 EDT 2011

Hi,

I use Click for testing our product, and make some quite large routers, up to
500.000 lines of click code. It performs very well in user mode, with very high
accuracy.

The only thing is that if I have a lot of RatedSource elements, things begin
to act strangely. It is better to have as few as possible and then use Tee
elements to duplicate the packets when many streams are needed.

I dont know if this behavior is the same in kernel mode.

Lars Bro