[Click] Userlevel Click task schedule

Beyers Cronje bcronje at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 17:27:41 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have a question regarding userlevel Click task scheduling.

I have the following click config:

FromMyDevice -> Discard;

FromMyDevice implements a separate dedicated thread to communicate with the
physical interface. This second thread receives packets from the physical
device and stores then in an internal queue and then calls reschedule() on
the task. FromMyDevice::run_task() then pulls the packets from the queue and
pushes them through the normal Click configuration. The problem is that
calling reschedule() from the second thread doesnt seem to work as the task
is never rescheduled. If I do away with reschedule and only make use of
fast_reschedule inside run_task() everything works 100%, but there's too
much wasted cpu cycles with this method.

Does anyone have any idea how I can go about it?

Thanks

Beyers Cronje