[Click] What happened to the Roofnet documentation project?

Roberto Riggio roberto.riggio at create-net.org
Mon Jul 30 18:52:02 EDT 2007

Hi,

attached please find a tweked version of gen_config_roofnet.sh.

I've made some modification in order to autodetect the location
of some tools (ifconfig, wlanconfig, etc). Moreover the script now
handles properly the generation of the IP address starting from
the wifi0 device.

Except those changes the script should behave like the original.
I've remove the support for the first version of the protocol sr1
since it look buggy.

Finally the script supports an optional parameter that is a custom
version of the sr2.click file. If no parameter is passed the script
behaves like before.

Please feel free to add the script to the official repository if it may
prove useful.

Bye
R.

----- "Juncheol Park" <jcpark at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  What happened to the Roofnet documentation project?
>  Could somebody please tell me what's going on?
>  I cannot find any further discussion after Jan 2007.
>
>  Actually I'm struggling to run Roofnet in the Emulab wireless
> testbed
>  (www.emulab.net).
>  Although I've spent a lot of time, I haven't successfully installed
>  Roofnet so far.
>  As many of you know, the current wiki for installation is out of
> date.
>  Here, I'm attaching a (presumably) correct list of instructions
>  that I've figured out at least for successfully building Click for
> Roofnet.
>  However, the roofnet-node generating script file (ie,
>  gen_config_roofnet.sh under click/conf/wifi) still seems incomplete
> or buggy.
>  Is there anyone that has similar experiences or fixes (definitely
> preferred)?
>
>  Seems like nobody might not answer or not even be interested in
>  Roofnet-related questions... Am I alone really?
>  Or possibly everyone already knows answers?
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Jun

> # Roofnet download and install
> # Assuming Click under /usr/src
> cd /usr/src/click
> cvs -z5 -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.pdos.lcs.mit.edu:/cvs co -d roofnet
> click/packages/roofnet
> cd elements
> rm -rf wifi/sr wifi/sr2
> cd wifi
> ln -s ../../roofnet/sr sr
> ln -s ../../roofnet/sr2 sr2
> cd /usr/src/click
> # Only when you correctly patch the linux kernel provided by Click,
> # use the option, --enable-linuxmodule.
> ./configure --enable-wifi --enable-linuxmodule
> make all
> make install

Roberto Riggio
CREATE-NET
PhD Student

Via Solteri, 38 - 38100 Trento - Italy
e-mail: roberto.riggio at create-net.org

Tel: (+39) 0461 408400 - interno/extension 708
Fax: (+39) 0461 421157

 http://www.create-net.org/

entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited according to the
Italian Law 196/2003 of the Legislature.  If you received this in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.