[Click] Problem sending VLAN tagged packets

Nicholas Weaver nweaver at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Feb 14 11:45:40 EST 2007

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 11:16:52PM -0800, Eddie Kohler composed:
> My guess this is a bug in Linux or the underlying operating system.  You're
> using userlevel ToDevice; the element has no idea of any "maximum length",
> it just reports errors returned by the send() system call.  So someone
> somehwere forgot that VLAN-enabled packet socket interfaces have a
> different MTU than plain ol ethernet.

So related question, is there some flag perhaps that I'm forgitting on
ifconfig?

Nicholas C. Weaver                               nweaver at icsi.berkeley.edu
     This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for higher security.