[Click] Problem sending VLAN tagged packets

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Feb 14 02:16:52 EST 2007

My guess this is a bug in Linux or the underlying operating system.  You're
using userlevel ToDevice; the element has no idea of any "maximum length", it
just reports errors returned by the send() system call.  So someone somehwere
forgot that VLAN-enabled packet socket interfaces have a different MTU than
plain ol ethernet.