[Click] Patch for last Click Release

Kristian Beilke beilke at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Thu Nov 23 07:24:34 EST 2006

Hi,

we are using Click on our routers and discovered a problem with some
802.11b devices, that were not able to associate. We traced the problem
to the order of the Information elements in the 802.11 header. The
devices seem to use sloppy implemented drivers that don't skip over
802.11g fields. Changing the order of the header fields, so that the
802.11g fields are at the end (or just after the 802.11b fields) solves
this issue.
I have a patch against the cvs version attached.

Has anyone ever encountered something similar?

Kristian Beilke