[Click] Click CPU load

Roberto Riggio roberto.riggio at create-net.org
Fri Nov 10 06:46:41 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 12:35 +0100, Torquato Bertani wrote:
> Hi Roberto,
>
> a board like asus has a limited computational power to handle so many
> pkt/s, here some reasons:

Well yes that is true, however roofnet people use also some netgear
devices which are similar to our asus from the performances point of
view.

> -madwifi driver are not polling so you have interrupt for each pkt
> -you can't run an iperf session from the asus, its limited cpu can't
> generate as many pkt as you need (don't know why...)

I'm not using madwifi. The asus is equipped with a broadcom wifi
interface,

> You should do a test like this one with Iperf:
>
> SOURCEPC-->NODE1-->NODE2-->ENDPC

Actually our configuratio was:

TX notebook (running roofnet) --> RX Asus WL500g

Bye