[Click] Click CPU load

Torquato Bertani torquato at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 06:35:39 EST 2006

Hi Roberto,

a board like asus has a limited computational power to handle so many
pkt/s, here some reasons:

-roofnet routing is heavy to run
-click in userlevel is not very performant, kernel module is better
-madwifi driver are not polling so you have interrupt for each pkt
-you can't run an iperf session from the asus, its limited cpu can't
generate as many pkt as you need (don't know why...)

You should do a test like this one with Iperf:

SOURCEPC-->NODE1-->NODE2-->ENDPC

This kind of test exclude any kind of iperf pkt generation problems.

Bye
Thor

PS:
If you have more questions maybe you can post me directly so I can
reply you in Italian...