[Click] User and Kernel communication

Ramanathan Palaniappan ramwisc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 23:24:47 EST 2006

Hi,

I am writing a click element that periodically, has to process packets and
cluster them into separate groups based on some metric. The clustering code
is already available but the problem is that it makes heavy use of C++ STL
libraries and hence, is unusable within the kernel. I am planning to have
the clustering module as it is in user space and I am trying to establish
communication between click in kernel mode and the clustering module (in
user space).  The data transfer has to take place in both the directions.
What is the best way to do it ? Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Ramanathan