[Click] RED avg value

John Stille jcstille at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 12 10:41:26 EDT 2006

I was wondering if someone could explain why I would be getting an avg value within RED of -1.94 give or take 1/100th or a point.  I am looking to force RED to drop packets in the user level, however the condition if avg>max_thresh is never evaluated as true because of the value.  Maybe some explaination of exactly how the avg is calculated and an understanding of why I might be getting these values.  I am throwing approximately 12 MB/sec at the router with a 2MB/sec outgoing linerate.  I am just looking for a little help.

Thank you,
John C Stille