[Click] InfiniteSource problem and Madwifi beb problem

Mike Jennings mvj at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 14 13:16:47 EDT 2006

Hello,
1. Regarding infinitesource: If one uses this element in userlevel
click and sets active to false then later sets active to true the source
does not come back up. I wonder why.

2. Madwifi driver question: I've run a simple test using the click
modular router. I set the number of attempts to send a packet to be 8 (7
retries for lost ACKs). I have
a node, A, send packets destined for the MAC address of a neighboring
node, B. I am able to confirm that ACKS are sent from B and received by A.
I then turn B off and repeat the experiment. I confirm that A does not
receive any packets from anyone. I do not see a significant decrease in
transmissions from A, although there should be a large decrease due to
beb. I wonder if someone can explain this behavior or provide
evidence that beb is working correctly.

-- Mike