[Click] Re: click Digest, Vol 29, Issue 17

Marko Zec zec at icir.org
Tue Nov 29 05:33:17 EST 2005

On Tuesday 22 November 2005 00:03, Siddharth Kasat wrote:
> Hi Marko,
>
> Thanks for your reply. Another question I have is
> Will I have to hard code all the routing table entries as follows for
> as below of there is some easier way I can do that since I plan to
> enter 40,000 entries in routing table.

You can either hard-code the routes in the configuration, or use
add_route handler to insert new entries at run time.  Please search the
list archives for examples of the later approach.

> t :: RadixIPLookup(
> 216.60.228.0/22 <http://216.60.228.0/22>
> 64.200.95.239<http://64.200.95.239>1, 210.210.0.0/17
> <http://210.210.0.0/17> 4.68.0.243 <http://4.68.0.243> 1, ... etc
> etc...
> 201.225.40.0/21 <http://201.225.40.0/21>
> 206.24.210.26<http://206.24.210.26>1, );
>
> For sending randomized IP addresses for look up can I use some tool
> like packit etc?

For randomized IP addresses pls look at man RandomSource, man
GetIPAddress, and the example I provided in the previous note.  Of
course you can use other methods, including generating real traffic,
but then it becomes questionable whether you will be benchmarking the
throughput of a complete Click router, or only of an isolated lookup
element.

Cheers,

Marko