[Click] problem in setting up madwifi/stripped station

Indian Mogul indian_mogul at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 02:27:59 EST 2005

Hi,
     I am having problems in setting up ahost as an
station. I am using the station.click sript. I have a
wireless card with Atheros chipset. Here is the
procedure I am following:

1. Compile click with the options:
 /configure --enable-linuxmodule  --enable-wifi
--enable-intel-cpu  --with-linux=/usr/src/linux-2.4.26
--with-linux-map=/usr/src/linux-2.4.26/System.map

2. Compile madwifi stripped driver with gmake.
3. Then, insmod ath_hal.o and insmod ath_pci.o
4. ath0 gets detected at this time.
5. Now, I do the following:
   click-install station.click
6. I only the following output
expensive Packet::push; have 8 wanted 24
expensive Packet::push; have 8 wanted 24

and nothing happens.

7. How do I set the winfo handlers?  Also,how do I
trigger the beaconscanner , probe request?

8. if I try to run dhcpcd on ath0, with 'iwconfig ath0
essid any', no IP address is obtained.

Could you please help me in this?

Thanks,
IM