[Click] Questions of Click's Source Elements

betamaz betamaz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 03:23:34 EDT 2005

Hi,

Can anyone explain to me why many source elements in click (such as
FastUDPFlows, FastTCPFlows, FastUDPSource) require that the ethernet address
of both source and destination to be specified? It seems to me that forcing
the user to include the ethernet address of the destination creates a lot of
unnessary work (might even hinder the sender).

Second, what type of packets do RatedSource, RandomSource, InfiniteSource
create? They're not IP packets. Based on the info I got using ethereal I
think they're eth2 type packets.

Thanks a bunch,
Bita.