[Click] Questions of Click's Source Elements

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Aug 20 14:56:12 EDT 2005

Bita

Elements that generate packets with Ethernet headers require the entire
contents of the Ethernet headers to be specified.  I have no idea why
you think this is unnecessary.  You can always specify 0:0:0:0:0:0 as a
destination address, have fun getting such packets to your intended
destination.

Rated, Random, and InfiniteSource generate raw arrays of data.  If you
include (in the DATA argument) the bytes corresponding to an IP header,
then you can direct the result to MarkIPHeader and get IP packets.

Eddie