[Click] help with click packet structure and push, pull mechanism

Ges ges_george at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 23:58:28 EDT 2005

Hi,

With reference to what I had mentioned earlier, I
think
I will try options 3 and then 1 below.

> I have to find some way of making Click understand
> these streams (could be a vector of diff data types)
> instead of packets.
>
> I see 3 ways of doing this...
> 1. include in class Element push(), pull() that
> understands a different type other than packet. and
> define this type!

> 2. modify the packet class to include vector of
> these
> data streams (but i am not sure how i can later
> change
> the "packet" that includes my data stream to an
> actual
> packet!
>
> 3. simply define a new type and forcefully cast it
> into a packet so that Click does not crib.

To define a new type (similar to Packet), can I just
follow instructions mentioned in the FAQ on compiling
a C++ file that doesnt contain an element or do I have
to do something more?

Or can i just write a new class similar to what Packet
class looks like and add it to click/lib?

Thanks
Gesly