[Click] Blocking queue element?

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Sep 23 11:37:32 EDT 2004

Hmm.  I'm not sure that your ping process would get blocked without Click, would
it?  I mean Click's queue happens below the IP layer.

However, it is true that Click's "device queue" is not being reflected in its
"device".  What you want is for Click's FromHost element to mark itself as
"busy", if the Click Queue is relatively full.

Are you up for some hacking?  You could hack FromHost to mark itself busy when
the particular downstream Queue is full -- or even just change it to mark itself
busy randomly, and see whether this blocks the upstream ping process.  If it
_would_ block that process, then we can work on making FromHost "do the right
thing".

Eddie