[Click] Re: [Roofnet] click.roofnet statically compiled

Andrea Marasco marasco3000 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 9 22:08:50 EST 2004

Hi John,

it worked fine with your options. Thanks.
CXXFLAGS=-static is the way to go.

I'd like to test roofnet varying some MAC-layer
parameters. I found several of them in wifi.h but I
have a question regarding the number of link-level
retransmissions. I found two variables max_retries and
max_alt_retries in several files (autoratefallback.cc,
madwifirate.cc, probetxrate.cc and setrate.cc). Which
is the difference between the two variables? From my
understanding I shouldn't vary the retries value in
probetxrate.cc but I should change the values in the
other files. Is that correct?

I'd really appreciate your guidance on that.
Thanks for your help.

Best,

Andrea