[Click] Re: [Roofnet] click.roofnet statically compiled

John Bicket jbicket at amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Nov 10 18:59:53 EST 2004

Hi Andrea,

The retries should probably be a element configuration option,
but I just hadn't gotten that far.
I put them in wifi.h because we were testing different rate control
algorithms and I wanted to make sure they all use the same max_retry
values (hence WIFI_MAX_RETRIES).

The atheros cards can specifiy a schedule of bitrates to send at on
subsequent retries (ie send 11 mbps the first try, then do 5.5 for 3).
In the wifi_extra_header, this what the max_retries and alt_max_retries do.
If alt_rate and max_retries are nonzero, then after the packet exceeds
max_retries, the card will change to alt_rate for alt_max_retries.

Let me know if that doesn't help.

--john