[Click] userlevel tohost/fromhost

John Bicket jbicket at amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Nov 9 14:30:03 EST 2004

Hi,

Over the weekend I finished hacking on ToHost/FromHost for userlevel.
Now you can do things like FromHost(foo) and an virtual ethernet device
named foo will appear. It uses the Linux universal TUN/TAP driver
(CONFIG_TUN in the kernel config).

The only real difference is that you can't do things like do
ToHost(eth0) when an actual device named eth0 aleady exists,
which you could in the kernel.

This is intended as a replacement for KernelTap, and it makes it easier
to run the same configurations at userlevel and in the kernel.

Let me know if you have problems with it.

--john