[Click] Kernel Module limitations

Beyers Cronje bcronje at cs.co.za
Fri Nov 5 08:28:28 EST 2004

Good day everyone,

I have a couple of kernel module questions that hopefully someone can shed  some light on (I have very limited experience on kernel programming):
Whats the maximum number of key/value pairs for a BigHashMap in the kernel module is?
What limitations are there on linked lists/hashmaps inside the kernel module?
Are there limitations on the size of structures inside a kernel module element? (I seem to recall something that Eddie said in a previous mail that the kernel does not like struct sizes over 1024, but I cant seem to find this post.)
Any other kernel module limitations I should be aware of that you know about?

Thanks in advance for any info provided.

Kind regards

Beyers Cronje

This is an email from CS Holdings. It is confidential to the
ordinary user of the email address to which it is addressed
and may contain copyright and/or legally privileged information.
No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in
reliance upon all or any part of it or its attachments. If you
received this email in error please notify its sender.