[Click] the 802.11 MAC protocol

John Bicket jbicket at amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Jun 8 08:25:59 EDT 2004

Almost all the cards do the management layer of 802.11 (association,
scanning, etc) in firmware. Right now we have elements that can do
things like set the bitrate of packets you send to wireless devices, as
well as get information from received packets like signal and noise.
We also have elements that will push out unicast packets that failed to be
acked by a receiver. See the elements/wifi directory in the checkout.

We're working with a chipset that pushes the management layer into the
device driver, so we can implement access point functionality in click,
but it doesn't work yet and is about 3 months from being usable.

--john