[Click] Click-troubles!

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Fri Nov 14 08:07:22 EST 2003

Badhri,

>    I'm just getting started to Click and am facing some serious problems. I
> was just testing out some sample Click configurations and one such
> configuration was
> FromDevice(eth0)->Queue(2000)->ToDevice(eth0)
>
> I tried out this configuration both at the user level and at the kernel level
> and strangely, after i quit Click, in both cases my normal networking got
> messed up. I was unable to use tcpdump/ping/traceroute/ssh. Even rebooting the
> system did not help.

We have *never* to my knowledge seen a case in which Click screwed up the
system so completely that rebooting did not help. It absolutely should be
that once Click exits the normal networking setup is restored. I think you
need to check your system more carefully for misconfiguration. If you want
us to help you we need a great deal more information, such as your hardware
platform and OS