[Click] Click-troubles!

Badhri Varanasi badhri at cs.wisc.edu
Thu Nov 13 22:02:27 EST 2003

Hi,
   I'm just getting started to Click and am facing some serious problems. I
was just testing out some sample Click configurations and one such
configuration was
FromDevice(eth0)->Queue(2000)->ToDevice(eth0)

I tried out this configuration both at the user level and at the kernel level
and strangely, after i quit Click, in both cases my normal networking got
messed up. I was unable to use tcpdump/ping/traceroute/ssh. Even rebooting the
system did not help. Cud u throw some light on why this happens and what to do
to avoid this problem. Shud it not be that once Click exits, the default
networking setup of the system is reverted to its original state.

Sorry for the trouble and  i wud appreciate a response asap...
Thanx,
Badhri Varanasi