[Click] problem with FromHost

pradnyesh sawant spradnyesh at gmx.net
Tue Jul 15 14:05:13 EDT 2003

 thanks for showing interest in my problem
i am working on my final year engg. porject which deals with handling of DoS
attacks
the m/c on which i'm working has a single ethernet card. so in the click
router, i'm using the same interface (eth0) for both incoming and outgoing
packets
i tried disabling eth0, by using ifconfig, and replaced fake0 by eth0 in the
script provided below, but i got the foll error msg: "device eth0 already
exists"
i also tried having the client on another m/c, just as you've suggested
below, but even then click did not catch any packets.
i also wanted to ask 1 more question:
just as dns server addrs are stored in /etc/resolv.conf, in which file is
the gateway addr stored?

i would be very grateful, if you could help me out
thanks for all the help