[Click] problem with FromHost

Puneet Zaroo zaroo at cs.purdue.edu
Tue Jul 15 03:30:25 EDT 2003

I am just taking a guess here...
Since your client(192.168.0.150) is on the same machine as your router
(192.168.0.150) , i believe you would have assigned these addresses to
other interfaces of the machine as well (ethX)..
So , on packet input, the linux kernel routes the packet according to the
first match in the routing table... in this case, that probably means
local delivery to  the ip stack on the linux kernel, by-passing the fake device...
You could test this out by using a different machine as a webbrowser
client and put in a fake device with that client's ip address.

Anyway, what exactly do you want to do ?
Capture and analyze ddos traffic at a router or an end host?
Regards,
Puneet