[Click] Dynamic Initialisation of Elements

Brecht Vermeulen brecht.vermeulen at UGent.be
Tue Dec 23 09:01:47 EST 2003

Hi,

for more details about the management architecture, you can browse to
http://www.ist-harmonics.net , click on 'Papers and publications' and
then the paper called "A Generic End-to-end Distributed QoS Management
Architecture and its application to IP-DiffServ over a WDM Access Feeder
Network".

There are however no details on the click configuration in the paper.
What we dynamically configured in click was marking and policing on a
per-flow base and that was done by writing a new configuration to
/proc/click/hotconfig which includes the new elements. This was done
based on the DiffServ MIB.

The reservation and admission control is handled by a distributed
framework based on CORBA (and thus userprocesses on the click routers).

regards,
Brecht