ToDevice packet rejects

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Thu Mar 28 17:07:18 EST 2002

Hi Arvind,

> Can anyone please tell me the reasons why
> I sometimes get the following message, "To Device eth0 rejected a
> packet!"
> 	Is it because Linux is trying to send a packet out of the same
> interface
> or are there any other reasons?

That message happens when Click thought that a device was ready to send a
packet, and tried to send a packet to that device, but the device refused
to send it. Such packets are dropped. The message could conceivably occur
because of a race condition with Linux, but more likely, it just means that
the device is full (it's running slower than the CPU).

My 2c. Maybe someone else remembers this message more particularly.