Intel Pro100+(82559) Polling Driver Problems

Pramod John pramod at oration.com
Thu Feb 28 22:47:26 EST 2002

Hi,

    I am having some problems with the Intel 82259 polling drivers.  Does anyone have any experience with them ?
My system particulars are as follows:

   Click:     1.2.3a
   Linux:    2.2.20

   I have created a generic router configuration using the make-ip-conf.pl script.  I have two interfaces and am pinging
through the router with click.  I see about about a factor of 100X drop in performance when I switch the config from
interrupt to polling.

Any ideas why this might be occurring ?  Any suggestions on how to debug this further ?

thanks,

Pramod