Intel Pro100+(82559) Polling Driver Problems

Pramod John pramod at oration.com
Thu Feb 28 23:36:31 EST 2002

Hi Brecht,

    Thanks for the quick response.

> mmm, that's strange, I cannot find the Linux patch for 2.2.20 in current
> CVS. How have you patched your kernel for this ?

The .19 patch actually installs without any major complaints... But to be
honest
I don't know if this is the source of the problems. The changes from
.19 ->.20
were pretty minor.  I could try the .19, is that currently what you use ?

> Or are you using userlevel mode ?
>
> I think polling doesn't work in userlevel mode. (but I don't know how it
> comes that your configuration works then)

Kernel Module.

The changes to the eepro100.c driver were made while back in the 82258 days
I don't know whether Benjie and those guys tested with 82558 or 9...

thanks,

Pramod