Best Click Linux distribution?

Joe Elliott joe at inetd.com
Thu Feb 28 17:20:35 EST 2002

Hi Eddie,
	I hope you get that bug fixed for the next release.

I ran my new polling config and got the following results:

If I listen with pcap and send 100K 56Byte pkts of traffic (at 100Mb/s) with my
blaster I get:

# tcpdump -npi eth1 -w dump.bin
85212 packets received by filter (around 15% loss)

--------------------------------------

If I use click module with polling interface on tulip and do the same 100K pkts
I get far less. I was hoping for a BIG improvement.

# cat > /proc/click/config
FromLinux(joe0, 10.0.0.1/8) -> Idle;
FromDevice(eth1, 1) -> Print(ok) -> ToLinuxSniffers(joe0);

# tcpdump -npi joe0 -w dump.bin
tcpdump: listening on joe0
33045 packets received by filter (around 65% loss)

Any ideas? How can I just count packets recieved by click ?

Thanx .. Joe.

--