Best Click Linux distribution?

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Thu Feb 28 17:10:07 EST 2002

> Is performance much improved with SMP?

It can be. In practice, one important advantage is that you can "dedicate"
one CPU to Click, and another to running important user-level programs.
Benjie and Robert's USENIX paper describe other advantages; see the site.

Basically, we have recently discovered a big bug in the implementation of
ToLinux and ToLinuxSniffers on SMP machines. I think you probably ran into
that. We don't yet know how to fix the bug. :(

Eddie