Known hotconfig problems?

Eddie Kohler kohler at aciri.org
Wed Mar 28 09:19:00 EST 2001

Hi Kevin,

> <KM The only other thing that's bit me is using the Classify element with
> only a single default argument which caused an index assert error.
> Obviously such an element isn't much use, but I have a program that
> generates Click descriptions, and in some degenerate cases it was generating
> "empty" Classify elements causing Click to fail.

This "IPClassifier(true)" problem is fixed in the current release.

> <KM Excellent, I look forward to trying it out.  Are there any new features
> in the new release, or is it mainly consolidating the existing code?

There are a bunch of new features in the new release / the current
anonymous CVS repository. Multithreading Click is the biggest: you can run
multiple Click threads simultaneously in an SMP kernel. There are also
many many new elements, bug fixes, and source code-level changes.

love,
ed