SOSP formatting

Eddie Kohler eddietwo at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Sep 23 12:04:59 EDT 1999

Hi John,

That's a great response. I'll run the paper by you when we get done.

> Unfortunately for you, I hate Computer Modern :-}.

You aren't alone. I was hoping to use Sabon or Minion. We'll run a copy by
you.

> I personally find it rather unprefessional that prior SOSPs looked so
> wildly different from paper to paper, and hope to raise the standard
> in this regard.

Consistency isn't necessarily a virtue. Typesetting all papers in Courier
Bold Italic with wedding script for headings would also make the papers
consistent; :) and as I talked about in the earlier mail, consistency is
impossible to achieve w/o an actual designer working with the authors.

In my perfect world, papers would be held to a minimum aesthetic standard
(which hopefully would rise from year to year), but there would be room for
variation once that standard was met.

love,
ed