[chord] dhash question

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 23 23:09:07 EDT 2008

On Wed, 18 June 2008 at 19:48 (+0700), Herry Sitepu wrote:
> I need to store a file and retrieve the file back using the filename. Is it
> possible with DHash? I have looked the example (tools/filestore.C) but both
> indirect and inode receive the ID as the SHA1 hash of the buffer to be send.
> Why does DHash need indirect and inode? FYI, I need to use DHash as the

filestore only uses indirect blocks as an example of how DHash
can be used to store complex data structures.  The particular layout
is derived from SFSRO.

You can store it some other way, if you prefer.

Please direct future questions to chord at amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu.
Thank you.

--
Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/