[chord] call dhashclient inside thread

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 23 23:12:19 EDT 2008

On Fri, 20 June 2008 at 16:01 (+0700), Herry Sitepu wrote:
> Is it possible to call dhashclient API inside a thread, because the
> application that want to talk with the dhashclient uses POSIX multi-thread
> API. Are there anything to be synchronized between function calls?

libasync, the library with which the dhashclient API is written,
unfortunately is derived from a time (a decade ago) when threading
libraries and the STL were still maturing.  I suspect that such
integration would be difficult as SFSlite expects to have control in a
single-threaded amain loop.

If anyone else has had success integrating the current codebase
into a threaded program, please let Herry know?

Please direct future questions to chord at amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu.
Thank you.

--
Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/