[chord] adbd command

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 30 11:12:01 EDT 2005

Vidya,

Sorry for the trouble with building.  I'm afraid our understanding
of automake/autoconf/gcc version differences is somewhat limited by
the amount of time we have to build on different platforms.  We
typically build on FreeBSD 4 and Fedora Core 2 platforms and newer
ones do tend to cause us some headaches.  We appreciate your (and
everyones) efforts to report problems and submit fixes.

On Tue, 30 August 2005 at 05:10 (-0400), Vidya Ravipati wrote:
> Now the FAQs seem to be very old once and when I have been passing through
> archives of the mailing list , that lsd will run on asynchronous databses
> and we have to run the command
> adbd -S ./db_socket -d ./db_file &

That's right --- and while it is true the FAQ is somewhat old, it is
more that the code that uses adbd is very new.  You are running very
bleeding edge code and we have been testing and trying to get things
running instead of updating the documentation for every change.

>   to connect the database.Can anyone suggest how to change this lsd to
> synchronise with database.I have been using Berkely DB itself
> as database.
> Please suggest how to resolve the issue of concept of asynchronous
> database.

You should be able to run lsd with '-d db_socket' instead of '-d
./db_file'.  Does that make sense?

--
Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/