[chord] hi some question of chord id

leon wang giga2 at tom.com
Tue Aug 30 23:30:52 EDT 2005

Hi chord£¡
    How to let key id map to node id?  If I use ip address hash as node id and hash username as key id. As paper said key id will small or equal to node id, but if hash function get a key id bigger than node id, and finall we will not find right node ,is it right?  So how to let other nodes know the key's owner is right?

exp:  node1 want to lookup  username c  , if  hash function get keyid 1, so it store on node 1 not on node 3, so node1 will never find node3 by p2p ? right?

      node 1        ip1       username a   hashnode id =2 [nodeid]   hash userid = 2[key id]

      node 2        ip2       username b   hashnode id =4 [nodeid]   hash userid =  7[key id]

      node 3        ip3       username c   hashnode id =10[nodeid]   hash userid =  1[key id]

 need u help

Best Regard

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡giga2 at tom.com