[chord] possible livelock

Benjie Chen benjie at amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Jun 12 22:17:11 EDT 2003

i am running into a problem that i am not sure if there is a good solution.
i am running 16 vnodes, and if i insert too many blocks concurrently, my
machine spends all its time sending and re-transmitting fragments, but does
not perform the store (or perhaps it's not catching up fast enough).

i'd imagine this can happen as well even if i run multiple lsd servers on
multiple machines, although may be the number of blocks i need to insert
concurrently would be higher.

i believe this is just the way libasync works, w/o priority scheduling
for events (seda =)). it would be nice if we can solve this problem.
may be we can implement a request queue explicitly.

benjie

--
benjie chen
benjie at lcs.mit.edu