[chord] possible livelock

Frank Dabek fdabek at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 13 12:25:45 EDT 2003

Benjie,

	I've noticed this as well, but mainly only when running on a single
node. I think that the problem is in our aggressive use of transactions
to assure database integrity. In fact, I find that inserting over the
wide area is faster than inserting on a single node (I'm guessing due to
the spindle parallelism).

	I'm not to concerned about single node performance (should we be?) but
it is annoying when testing new code... perhaps we could do something
smarter with the transactions. group commit? Better DB?

--Frank