[Click] trouble live reconfiguration of IPClassifier

Momina Khan momina.azam at gmail.com
Thu May 30 03:21:34 EDT 2013

Dear All

Can someone plz help me do live reconfigure on IPClassifier. What i want to
do is to change the configuration string i give to the IPClassifier while
the router is live. I know that it relies on IPFilter element for all its
functionality. So i call reconfigure_keyword_handler() in IPFilter when a
timer fires but my computer halts with a Null Pointer exception ... some
message about memo and click_lfree() ... can't paste the core dump as the
computer halts.

I have used the same handler to reconfigure other elements live but for the
life of me i cannot decipher as to what is different about the IPFilter.
Plz someone point me in the right direction!

i did notice that for other config parameters the conf[argno] references a
value that matches a keyword for instance a SimpleQueue has a CAPACITY
keyword and its conf[argno] references to the numeric value of queue
capacity. While in IPFilter conf[argno] references the entire string like
"tcp && ttl > 0".

are there any other fundamental differeneces i am missing!

thank you!
momina