[Click] Patch for nanosecond scheduling precision in ns-3-click

Lalith Suresh suresh.lalith at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 10:31:51 EST 2012

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Sascha Alexander Jopen
<jopen at informatik.uni-bonn.de> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> finally i've got some time to run simulations with the nanosecond
> precision changes. Well, they run with nanosecond precision.
>
> However, this does only work, when running the simulator with nanosecond
> or finer resolution. With lower resolution, the timestamp at which the
> event is scheduled is rounded down by the NS3 Time class. Because this
> depends on the resolution of NS3, this has to be fixed in
> HandleScheduleFromClick to the next matching timestamp. This is
> essentially the same as we did in click routerthread.cc to fix problems
> with nano-/microsecond precision. See the attached patch for a quick
> fix. This has to be applied to ns-3-dev as well, removing the
> microsecond part of it.
> Using other resolutions but the default resolution in ns3 has some
> disadvantages. Some models simply do not work with other resolutions,
> like the wifi dcf manager, which relies on us slottimes, for example.
>
> By the way, the last patch i submitted, which calls simclick_click_kill
> leads to segfaults when ns3 terminates with uninitialized click routers.
> The second patch fixes this (against ns-3-dev)

I've pushed the 2nd patch to ns-3-dev. Thanks.

Regarding the first one, I agree with the changes, but I still haven't
had time to update the Click part of my patch yet (sigh). Will push
your patch as well when it's time.

--
Lalith Suresh
www.lalith.in