[Click] click packages and long symbol names

Cliff Frey cliff at meraki.com
Mon Sep 19 21:45:59 EDT 2011

I was curious about the issues with maximum symbol length.  This was
discussed in Eddie's commit b3030b5ac9d1260c6f6a2cd3964114bbbfbd5298.

Here is maybe the very beginning of a fix for the issue, however this
doesn't actually work for me yet (I'm getting an unknown symbol in sample.ko
even though that symbol is in my click.ko).  Obviously this code is filled
with hacks and is not ready yet, but if anyone is actively trying to get
click packages to work on normal distribution kernels, this is a start.

https://github.com/clifffrey/click/commits/fix-modversions

Cliff