[Click] RangeIPLookup has a very fast lookup speed??

Marko Zec zec at fer.hr
Thu Oct 13 04:09:41 EDT 2011

On Thursday 13 October 2011 00:36:41 shule ney wrote:
> Hi all:
> I'm comparing two setup with one only has 4 routing entries and the other
> 200000 entries, I'm using RangeIPLookup, while the result shows the
> forwarding speed are almost the same, is it normal, since there are big
> difference in routing table size??

RangeIPLookup was designed for fast lookups and to scale well with the number
of prefixes, OTOH it suffers from poor updating speed.

Could you post some results of your experiments, and perhaps a bit more
details on your test setup?  I'm quite curious how does RangeIPLookup fare
aginst the other lookup elements with current hardware...

Cheers,

Marko