[Click] RangeIPLookup has a very fast lookup speed??

Madhuri Venkatesh madhureev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 00:23:16 EDT 2011

Hi Shule,

I think that the result of your experiment might depend on the size of your
L1 cache. It is likely that your 200,000 entry routing table fits in the
cache as does the one with 4 entries. If this is the case, the forwarding
time ( in both configurations) could largely depend on your input routes
(Eg. the FromIPSummaryDump or other input source you are using).
Try increasing the routing table size to over a million entires.

I have tried a similar experiment where:
Configuration A:  RangeIPLookup with 1 million entires,
Configuration B: RangeIPLookup with 20 entries

I found the forwarding time to be about 50% better in Configuration B.

-Madhuri

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 3:36 PM, shule ney <neyshule at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all:
> I'm comparing two setup with one only has 4 routing entries and the other
> 200000 entries, I'm using RangeIPLookup, while the result shows the
> forwarding speed are almost the same, is it normal, since there are big
> difference in routing table size??
>
> Best
> shule

Madhuri