[Click] Alignment issue

Markku Savela Markku.Savela at vtt.fi
Fri Nov 18 03:45:54 EST 2011

When configuring for mips 64, it does not set the

   HAVE_INDIFFERENT_ALIGNMENT

in include/click/config.h.

This is fine, but it does trouble me that click doesn't
even run the configuration without it being passed through
the click-align tool.

I would like to have an option to run the unaligned
configuration and take my risks on "bus error". Maybe
I missed a command line switch to disable this check?

In my test case, non-aligned click configuration works
just fine (the packets just happen to be aligned), but
running conf through click align, adds alingning and
causes unnecessary extra copy of the packet.

(see attached confs).