[Click] Automatic MAC address retrieval/access

Markku Savela Markku.Savela at vtt.fi
Mon Nov 14 09:21:50 EST 2011

I would like to make click configuration that automaticly
retrieves the MAC addresses from the Hardware (non-linux).

AddressInfo seems to be doing something like that, but I
have hard time understanding how it works when used in
context of elements like APRResponder, which expect
configuration string as parameter.

AddressInfo, however, appears not to be a simple storage
of a string and return it on request. The AddressInfo seems
to be returning binary data instead.

=> some documentation pointers to read?

Anyway, the default retrieval seems support only Linux/BSD.

Is the correct approach just patch this and add my own
#ifdefs for the specific HW into query_ethernet function?
Instead of "query_netdevice", I would use something of my
own?