[Click] Enabling multiple transmit queues and polling

David Zats dzats at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 25 15:33:54 EDT 2011

Hi,
We would like to leverage the multiple transmit/receive queues that our Intel 82571EB NIC provides and to use it in polling mode. From what we can tell, the 2.6.24.7 Linux kernel does not support multiple queues. At the same time, if we use a newer kernel in pathless mode, the latest patched driver (e1000e-0.4.1.7) won't compile. Would it be possible to find out the combination of kernel and driver version to use to obtain both benefits?
Thanks!
David Zats